Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New door


I've been looking for a new door because our existing door is all banged up and in poor condition (if you look closely). I know the pic doesnt really prove my point... But it is. It's the original door we bought the house with, is a b--tch opening, and the door handle is backwards.

Doors are sooo expensive!  Like $1000 and up...Especially if you have an older home which doesn't have standard sizes you can easily pick up at a big box store... Urg...







I found door at Habitat for Humanity Re-store as a suggestion from Chi Thu for $55! Yeah.

I'm gonna need do some wood filing and sanding... Add some new hardware and this will end a year long search for me. I'll post some final pics later.




9

This is a pic is Oussie Restaurant in Highland Village with the same door but double.

2 comments:

  1. Umm... that looks awesome. Are you going to leave it uncovered or will you get curtains? We have a door in our kitchen that's all windows and it freaks me out sometimes... I've gotten used to it and I think I'm over it now :) Anyway, will you be painting it red too?! How fun, either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are gonna paint it red still Mel. We may either frost it or install a roller mini-blind at the top. Kinda like it open in a risqué, voyeur (think that's the word) kind of way. Lol. If you see a man/women/child arrested in Houston for exposing themselves... That'll be us... Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete