Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summertime

When we lived in Northern
California, we came across so many locals who never ski or snowboard. We always thought how silly they were for not taking advantage of the snow and mountain only hours away. And yet as long as we have been in Houston, we have never truly enjoyed the surrounding lakes and seaside.

So we bought a boat.

She's an inexpensive, old boat, but still a lot of life in her. And she's rough around the edges... But with some TLC (a good scrub, some upholstery work, etc) She can become a swan again.

FYI... We took on this little adventure with my brother Barry, an advid fisher... And thought it would be a win for the both of us.

Steve and I will use it for wake boarding, tubing, and cruising mostly. Keeping my fingers crossed that Hopefully the fishing bug won't catch on... Because we have seen peoples' addiction to fishing like Crack (so whack) ... [hee hee... I just had to add that whack thing.. It's funny to me :)]
As of now... I think we're safe though. Most fishers I know are up and out at the crack of dawn. And the Nguyen's love our sleep too much :)



1 comment: