Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kicking off the Houston Rodeo 10K and 5k Run

In my efforts to get fit and healthy, I picked up running. Tina, my sister, invited me to join her and some of her colleagues at Lockton & Chartis Insurance for a fun run/walk. Roads were closed in downtown for thousands of runners and the Rodeo parade.

I wouldn't say I love it (no runner's high here...) but after doing this.... I will say I enjoyed it a lot. This coming from a person who only ran because you had to to pass the PE portion of school. There were thousands of people cheering you on. And if you looked around...there were kids doing it. Hello... That made me get my ass going and run.... "Run Forest Run."









Got my running shoes on......


Coming up to the finish line...


Tracking myself on my GPS... I finished in 31:57.2 minutes... Woo Hoo... Looking forward to doing a 10K now.... the Half Marathon???? Nah... that requires "real" training for a "real" runner.... Come on now.... (lol)

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo great Hong! I am proud of you. You give me inspiration to get back in shape. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete