Friday, October 22, 2010

Senseless killing....

About 3 months ago, my parents finally sold our family business of 25 years. We were all happy to be out of there and even more happy that my parents could put this line of work behind them. The long hours and unpredictable danger just didn't seem worth it anymore.

Tragedy struck the new owners yesterday....

A patient of mine who lived near the store told me that the owner' throat was cut and he was stabbed several times. I was shocked and in disbelief. As I kept watching on the internet for information I called my family who heard nothing about it.

This was released on the Houston Chronicle.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7257559.html

___________________________________________________________

A store owner was stabbed to death during a robbery at his business in north Houston Wednesday afternoon.

Sahib Ali Khan, 58, of Cypress, was killed in the stabbing, which occurred in the 3500 block of Elysian about 3:15 p.m., police said.

Khan was stabbed more than once and died at the scene.

No other injuries were reported.

Police said Khan was at the store, which was closed for remodeling, when someone walked inside. At some point Khan was stabbed. Then the intruder stole some items and left.

Police have no suspects in the case.

Anyone with information in the case is urged to contact the Houston Police Department Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

__________________________________________________________________

I don't know exactly where this will put my parents since they are still lien-holders to the business.... but we will see. Its scary to think that this could have been one of them. We had been there for soooo long that it really jaded us. But the reality of it was.... it was one of the worst neighborhoods in Houston. We had essentially grown up there as kids working at the store and my parents were 'Mom & Pops' to the patrons. But it only takes one slip up and another desperate individual for this to happen.

Our condolences to their family...



3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOD! That is so terrible and sad!!! Prayers to the Khan family. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hong, that is crazy stuff. I am just soooo glad that your parents decided to sell the business. It was a dangerous place. I feel terrible for the new owner. WoW! that is very sad.

    ReplyDelete